Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Mulligatawny Soup - Recipe

My good friend Erin shared with me this delicious recipe last year and it's by far one of my favorite soups to make especially during this time of year. Mulligatawny is pretty much just a curry soup. It's definitely a comfort food, and it's been really popular in our house hold.

I figure since it was so kindly shared with me, I'd share it with all of you! (:

The ingredients below is good for about 4 servings, normally when I cook this I double it, to accommodate my husband and I's lunches.


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 carrot, diced
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 apple, cored and chopped
1/4 cup white rice
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half -
cut into cubes
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 pinch dried thyme
1/2 cup heavy cream, heated
DIRECTIONS:
1.
Sauté onions, celery, carrot, and butter in a large soup pot. Add flour and curry, and cook 5 more minutes. Add chicken stock, mix well, and bring to a boil. Simmer about 1/2 hour.
2.
Add apple, rice, chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme. Simmer 15-20 minutes, or until rice is done.
3.
When serving, add hot cream.

This is exactly what I needed tonight for dinner, especially with how incredibly cold it's been the last couple weeks. If you try making it, let me know how yours turns out and how you like it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment