Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Farm & Soccer


I have to say our schedule at the Fletcher home is always filled with something. Whether it be little man's practices and games or expected & spontaneous plans with friends/family. I can't recall a weekend where we didn't have anything planned. Our life seems to be always on the go

One of the many reasons why I was motivated to start up this blog after being on hiatus for 3 months and do my best to update regularly is so that I can look at these posts and be reminded of the memories we made and the fun we had. With life being so busy for us, I think we sometimes forget to stop & enjoy all of God's blessings in even the little things. In a world where we are so consumed with getting to our destinations as quickly as possible, and trying to jam pack our schedules so we can do as much things as we can in one day, all the while trying to capture everything so that we can post it on whichever social networking site of choice - we often forget and take moments like this for granted. I am guilty of this just as much as the next person. My biggest vice (which Matt will agree 100%)  is allowing myself to get so absorbed in the instagram/facebook world that I neglect the little time we as a family get to have together. Let's just say, I've been trying my best to work on not doing that when we're together. 

Anyways, yesterday ended up being a beautiful day & and we were able to follow through with some last minute plans with one of our good friends to bring our kiddies to The Farm and enjoy some fall activities. Making sure all 5 kids stay together can be quite chaotic & challenging when you're in a big place with lots of fun activities, but nonetheless Matt & I absolutely enjoy helping out our friends who need that extra hand. 

Afterwards, we headed straight to Rylan's first soccer practice. I have to say I wasn't sure how much he would enjoy playing, but he just seems like he has such a great time. I have to admit that I have definitely become the mother on the side lines screaming and cheering on her child. Biggest fan doesn't even come close to what I am. I am just so proud of his growth and for taking the steps to build enough confidence to come out of his box the last couple of years. It makes me excited for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment