Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happily Ever After.


"How is married life?"

The million dollar question people have loved to ask us when they see us since we got married almost 3 weeks ago. I believe, I can speak for both Matt and I when I say, answering this question can be more difficult to answer than some would probably assume.

I mean, it's everything really. There's this worldly presumption that we are now living the sweet life, and while marrying my best friend has been one of the best things that I've done, it's also just like all our relationships, it's work. Every morning, I wake up next to the love of my life and I remind myself of  how thankful I am of the journey and opportunities God has blessed us with. I kiss him & tell him I love him before I leave for work every morning (sometimes I'll forget and he'll whine to me about later) and smile at the fact that I can do that. We both go on about our days and some days can be horrible, but at the end of the day we get to come home to each other. If I'm not extremely exhausted, I make dinner for the three of us where we can spend a little bit of quality time together before we have to get our little one to bed. Afterwards, we get to spend a little bit of alone time stuffing our faces with ice cream and we watch our addictive shows. It may sound a little on the mundane side but it's been the best for me.

And it's not always beautiful and grand. Even in just the 3 weeks of being married, we've had our bad days where it's taken a little bit more effort and understanding to be loving & forgiving towards each other (and I'll admit, most of time I'm the one being unreasonable) but the best part about marrying Matt is the fact that he challenges me to always be better than I was yesterday. He encourages us to reflect on His word together, and talk about where we can be better for and to each other for the Glory of God. And as my life long partner, that's all I need.

So, to answer everyone's question. Married life is nothing short of amazing not because everything's been perfect. Our new lives as husband and wife has just begun and although we may not be ready for every single thing (good and bad) the world will thrown at us, our God will always be there to help us persevere.

"What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." - Mark 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment