Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflecting on 2013.

It's that time of year when everyone starts reflecting on the past year and start setting goals, ambitions and resolutions for themselves for the upcoming year. At the end of every year, I talk about how crazy the year has been and talk about all good, bad and lessons learned. 2013 for me had many of those same circumstances, however I would have to say this year God has tested me a lot. Many times I failed miserably and sometimes I did ok. Regardless, my hearts intent has always been to try my hardest to be obedient to Him. This year, not only did my relationship with God grow immensely but so did my desire to please Him grew. Moving out of my parents house to move in with Matt may have been disobedient to God, but if I hadn't moved out here, I would have never met the amazing new group of brothers and sisters I've been at Mars Hill Shoreline. In the short time that I have been blessed to get to know them, I have seen so much growth. They have had me face so many hard truths that I was too hard hearted to see for myself. I've been able to build close friendships with people I didn't think I would ever be close to. Matt and I have connected in such a deeper level than I'm sure we both could have ever imagined when we first started dating, and cannot wait to see what God will shape our future into. I have been able to spend many precious moments with Rylan and watching him grow up into such a young boy has been amazing. 

There's still so many struggles that's needed to be faced everyday and that's never going to change, but I am ready for 2013 to be over and start 2014. I'm excited to see what's in store for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment