Monday, March 28, 2016

26 Week Update - Yoga Baby


Normally, I dread Mondays - however today had to be one of the best Mondays for our family. After our initial anatomy ultrasound, my OB let me know that Adela was measuring a little small (14th percentile) and wanted me to come back in my 26th week just to re-measure her and make sure she's still looking good. 

Well, thank you Lord because we've got ourselves a healthy & silly baby girl. She's still measuring in the 14th percentile, but she's growing steadily - which is great news. 

There was a lot of anxiety & fear after our first ultrasound - but I've been able to lift up most of that worry in God's hands and truly just enjoy this pregnancy journey. After today's visit, I see what an amazing human He is knitting together inside of me. We are so in love with her, words cannot even capture what we feel. 

When it comes to this mama, it has definitely been more difficult as baby girl takes up more space. I cannot count how many nights that I have mild anxiety attacks because I can't seem to find a comfortable enough position, breathing has now become such a task, leg cramps in the middle of the night have begun. Pelvic pressure is on a whole different level that I do not remember having with Rylan, which is also a culprit in the difficulty I sometimes have when turning in bed and walking around. My face is rounder, hips are getting wider & some days my feet & legs swell up. This past week, insomnia has crept in. I'm hungry all the time because she takes up all the space, so now I'm eating every hour or two. Yes, it's been an off and on whirlwind - but it's also been such a beautiful experience. Even during the days I feel at my worst, my heart is still full of so much joy & adoration for her - most especially when she's doing somersaults. Through the horrible days and great days I am reminded how intricately God created women to house, grow & deliver another living being. 


No comments:

Post a Comment