Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Surviving Pregnancy - 2nd Trimester Update


Surviving pregnancy. The first trimester seemed like it went by excruciatingly faster than I had expected. And I say excruciating, because I really struggled getting through the past months. But, here I am! Welcoming my now some what showing baby belly into my second trimester. I want to say I'm completely done with all the nausea, but unfortunately mornings are still pretty rough for me. I no longer can get ready for work in 10-15 minutes because otherwise I end up being on the verge of standing over the toilet wanting to throw up. Movement for me has to be slowed down when I have yet to eat anything. Constant eating also is a must (even when I'm not hungry) otherwise nausea kicks in throughout the day. 

Current cravings:
Soon Do Bu (Korean Soft Tofu Soup)
Bubble Tea
Spicy food in general
Junk Food 
Gummie Bears
Canned Corn 

On the bright side, my energy level has improved and I'm definitely less fatigued these days. I've finally been able to incorporate some fitness 2-4 times a week, my body permitting. My goal is to slowly work my way back into running/jogging, as that is something I really miss. I was able to convince Matt to run the Hot Chocolate 5k this upcoming March, so I'll be training my body for that goal. I am ready to accept that I am more likely not going to be able to run the entire time, but I'd like to at least try my best to. 

I've gained 6lbs over the first trimester. And although that doesn't seem like much, I definitely can see the changes it's made on my body. Do not get me wrong, I absolutely adore my baby bump and love this baby to death, but if I'm being honest - the body changes have definitely affected my self-esteem a little bit. I'm noticing the little things as I continue to grow and have become my own biggest critic. I guess it doesn't help when social media has other pregnant mamas in such great shape, and I'm over here stuffing my face with just about everything lol. 

With my first pregnancy, I went through a really rough time internally, trying to overcome my insecurities as I continued to grow and grow. I allowed it to consume me and stopped taking care of myself (on a fitness level) and pretty much just let myself go. When I found out I was pregnant this time around, I swore to myself no matter how much my insecurities tried to get the best of me, I would not allow it to affect me to the point where I stopped taking care of myself again. Praying for much guidance & gratitude in a God who has helped me build my identity in Him not the physical/worldy things. 

Overall, we are overjoyed with our baby and have been trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as we can (lots of belly rubbing & kissing lol). 

No comments:

Post a Comment