Thursday, March 19, 2015

We're engaged!


It's crazy to me, that you can be impatiently waiting for that day to come when he finally asks you the question, but the moment it finally happens all these unexpected emotions explode and you don't know how to express them except to cry. 

There isn't too many people in my circle of friends who wasn't aware of the anxiety I brought upon myself, worried that the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with didn't feel the same way about me. 

The enemy took advantage of my negative thoughts more than a handful of times and used it for his benefit, by focusing on the bad rather than the promises God has given me. 

But as always, He prevails. I'm so glad that our special moment was captured, but even then it only captures a little part of how happy I really am. Matt is truly a God given gift to Rylan and I. I know he will be a great leader as a husband and as a second father to Rylan and our future children. Never in my life did I imagine that this is where I'd be. If you had asked me 4 years ago where I thought I'd be, my answers would be full of loss hope - but God had such bigger plans for me, for us. We know this road we've decided to start will not be an easy one to take, we will be tested more than we'd like but still, I am so excited to see what amazing things God has planned for our future. 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment