Wednesday, April 22, 2015

For the love of running.


Remember in elementary school when they would make you run a mile and see how fast you could run it? You know the kid that almost always finished last? Well, that kid was probably me. The chubby little Mae did not at all enjoy running, actually I hated it. 

I've been reflecting on the past year, and the journey I've been excitingly on with running, and it has been surreal. I would have never pictured myself to be that person who not only ran frequently, but to be someone who truly enjoys running. It has been an amazing outlet for me to spend some time with myself and with God. Working full time, being a full time mother to my amazing son, and preparing for my wedding in September has left me very little down time. 

When I started running back in August of 2014, my avg per mile was 14 minutes. Now? The fastest as been 9:56. Now, that is no where near as fast as some of the runners out there but it sure does feel good to see the improvement. Every run, no matter if it's a 5k or a half marathon has been such a great accomplishment. 

With that said, my motivation has been greatly influenced by my biggest fan and husband to be, Matt. He has been there at every run, pushing me and encouraging me through every process. In a world that loves to shine the light on the "stars" of the show, often leaving their supporters in the dark - Matt should be the one under that spot light. He has been my rock in all aspects of my life but most importantly in my faith. And it's because of my faith that I am able to make it through some of the harder runs I've done. 

"Keep running the race that is set before you with endurance." Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment