Thursday, April 3, 2014

"PRAY"

Praise Repent Ask for someone else Your own needs

I've had a handful of conversations with a few of my Christian girlfriends & Matt in regards to the anxiousness we feel whenever we are asked to pray in a group setting. Growing up, I was so accustomed to memorizing prayers I was never really exposed nor did I have strong desire to spend more time in prayer with God. Accepting Jesus as my savior has definitely changed my need to engage in more intimate prayer with Him. And alone I do fine, it's during group prayers do I feel slightly embarrassed in how I pray. When I hear others pray it sounds so flawless and well spoken, and shows evidence that they've been doing it for awhile.

There are instances where I would love to openly pray for with my friends but allow the fear of man hold me back. In my alone time with God, I have been praying that during those moments He can guide my focus on Him, rather than those in the room that influences me to become nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment