Friday, May 20, 2016

Pregnancy Q&A

I get asked plenty of questions in regards to my pregnancy journey and everything else in between related to motherhood. I don't expect everyone to read my blog, but I figure if you somehow stumble your way on here then here are a few questions I've pulled from direct messages, comments and conversations I've had! Mind you, these are my own personal experiences/opinions - every woman & pregnancy is different so I am not answering for the rest of the women/mothers out there, just myself.

Is this pregnancy different from your first? Oh, it's completely different. My pregnancy with Rylan from what I can remember was easy breezy. I have felt just about every symptom a pregnant lady could have throughout my pregnancy.

How are you feeling? Exhausted. My entire body aches almost all the time & carrying around this baby girl inside of me has definitely taken it's toll on me. Pregnancy insomnia has kicked in really hard the past couple of weeks, so sleep has been scarce for me. But I love taking naps during the day, with me being on the go so much - it's been very much needed especially because I'm limited to how many cups of coffee I can have lol.

Is Matt excited? He better be! just kidding, slightly. Of course he's excited. The day we found out we were pregnant, he even teared up. He's definitely embracing this pregnancy & the coming of our baby girl.

How does Rylan feel about being a big brother? Is he excited? I'm not exactly sure to what extent he has really grasped the idea of what it's going to mean for him to be a big brother but he's definitely shown his excitement. For a few years now he's been asking me when he's gonna get a little brother or sister so he's definitely ready. He talks to my belly, hugs it & kisses it all the time.

Are you scared? I'm not sure if I'd say I'm scared, but I definitely feel anxious about what the experience of child birth will be like this time. Because the pregnancy has been so rough, I do worry that labor and delivery will be just as hard. My pregnancy with Rylan, spoiled me because he really was just so easy.

How do you think you'll handle having both a newborn and a 7 year old? Do you think the age gap will be a problem? Since finding out I was pregnancy, I was really adamant about doing our best to always keep Rylan involved during the pregnancy, and setting up things he could do around our home to help out mom & dad. He was there with us during my ultrasound when we found out the sex of the baby and anyway he can be of help to mommy whenever baby is getting a little too rambunctious inside I ask for his assistance. He's been so helpful and has really started to take on the role of big brother in certain areas. I can foresee that there will be a point where they will be in different stages in life, but I think he will do amazing at being a big brother. Just like with any siblings, I'm sure they will have their moments of disagreements, but I'm not too worried.

Have you bought a lot of maternity clothes during your pregnancy? I've bought the essentials, but really most of the items I wear are non-maternity. I had to buy maternity jeans, because let's be real trying to squeeze into non-maternity jeans can be a pain and the over the belly support that my maternity jeans provide is amazing. Luckily, prior to being pregnant I wore pretty loose fit and over-sized clothing so I didn't really have to buy a lot of new clothes. Definitely had to invest in new bras and undies though that's for sure.

How have you and your husband incorporated your faith in raising Rylan and preparing for your new child? In every opportunity we can. When I became a Christian, before my husband and I got married, I made it very clear that I wanted to raise Rylan and my future kids incorporating my Christian beliefs and life style. I also know that there's more to it than just feeding them with knowledge but also living out what we are trying to teach to them (which that in itself can be very difficult). Children are like sponges, they pay attention to what we do as parents more than we realize. Rylan knows that we will all make mistakes, that we do things sometimes that hurt others and even ourselves. We've also explained to him that relying on ourselves often leads us back to where we started and that we really need to seek His guidance and help. We pray with him constantly and definitely allow him to lead prayer when he feels comfortable. As a parent, you hope whatever you try to instill in your children sticks. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. One thing that shows me he's paying attention & really taking into heart what we're trying to teach him, is the fact that he is usually one of the first people to rebuke me in my sin nature and give me the same talk we give him. Praise Jesus for His good works, because He is definitely doing amazing things in my little guy's heart.

How did you think of the name Adela? When my last living grandma passed away 5 years ago, I was devastated. Her name was Adela and I told myself that if I were to ever have a daughter I wanted her to be named after my grandma. It was a really popular name in the early 1900's and means noble. Thankfully, Matt liked the name as much as me :)

Do you guys want to have more children? Absolutely. I was raise into a big family. As a little girl, I have always wanted to have 3-4 children. Obviously, it's not something we have control over so whatever God has planned for us in regards to children we leave to Him.

This was fun! If anybody has other questions that I didn't answer, feel free to comment, send me a message, text, email - whichever and if I get enough maybe I'll do these more often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment