Thursday, July 31, 2014

Road to training.


After some recent discussion and encouragement from some ladies at work, I've decided to accept this goal of doing the 1/2 marathon in Leavenworth this October. I am not a runner, running and I have not had a great relationship for years now. So, what in the world compelled me to say yes to this challenge? Well, one it's going to help me get into better shape, especially my lungs because boy do I run out of breath easily. Secondly, it's a goal that I can work towards achieving. 

My first run in what seems like years was last night and I proudly did 1.8 miles in less than 20 minutes without stopping to walk. Nonetheless, I was pretty exhausted after my run but this morning I felt great. I am hopeful and yet nervous on how well I'm going to do, but I know I can do it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment